Cycle The Prouty Overview
Cycling safety is no accident. For your part, riders are expected to ride in a safe, responsible, and respectful manner. On the part of The Prouty™, we will support you with a fleet of Prouty roving vehicles, bike techs and medical personnel. Additionally, you’ll find numerous SAG (stop and go) stops positioned about every 10-miles +/- with food and drinks, much of which is generously donated by local vendors.
New this year:
- Prouty Hybrid Metric Century: Tour the best less traveled roads in the area with 40k (25-miles) of hard pack dirt riding…prepare to have fun. Riders are expected to be experienced with a higher level of self-sufficiency. Mass/group start from the Prouty venue @ 7:00 am. (sharp).
- 35-Mile Bike Ride: With construction now complete to the E. Thetford Rd. we are pleased to offer this popular ride once again, thank you for your patience.
- Century Riders: As a reminder, riders have two century routes to choose from…the existing (Clark Pond Route which travels north on Rte. 10) or French Pond Road (more scenic but has a short 1.5 miles section of hard-pack dirt). Both routes are well supported and signed.
What, where, when:
- The Prouty™: Saturday, July 8, 2017
- Prouty Venue: Richmond Middle School, 63 Lyme Road, Hanover, NH
- Prouty Venue Hours: 6:30am – 5:00pm
- Departure Times: Aside from the new Hybrid Metric Century, The Prouty™ does not organize a “mass start for the remaining bike rides,” as a result, we ask riders to depart the venue either:
- Before 8:00am (for 77 and 100-mile riders)
- After 8:00am (for 20, and 50-mile riders)
- 7:00am Hybrid Metric Century – Mass/Group Start (Prouty Venue)
- 4pm Route Closure: All riders are asked to return to the Prouty venue by 4:00pm, after which, all road support concludes