Fundraising Emails/Letter & Research Sum-ups
Take advantage of our draft email content. Tailor the message as you see fit and send it through your headquarters or copy and paste it into a new email. Or you can write your own! Click below for sample fundraising letters/emails that have really worked. And here are some tips on how to write a good fundraising letter or email:
- Be yourself: use your own voice and style, be personal and passionate.
- Grab the reader’s attention: use their name in the salutation. Make donors believe they are making a difference, being part of something big.
- Give the donor information about The Prouty™. Use some facts from the The Prouty Fact Sheet
- Include a story about a specific person or event: what you’re doing, why you’re doing it and state your goal.
- Provide the link to the website page: Where the $$$ Goes. Lots of other useful information, pages, links can be found under About on the top level menu.
- Ask for the donation and provide instructions for making gifts online or by check. (Check out the section on Ways to Donate on the left-hand menu for links and info about donating.)
- Be sure to include the link to your personal fundraising page!
Sample emails to modify and use to raise $$ and also to recruit friends and family to participate in The Prouty.
Fundraising letters specifically for participants doing the Prouty Ultimate or Prouty Virtual.
Here are four short descriptions of exciting research projects to use in a fundraising email/letter.