More Fundraising Ideas & Raising $500 in a Week!
- Don’t be afraid to ask! You’re not going to dinner with this money – you’re working to find a cure for cancer!
- Start early. Have fun with your fundraising efforts!
- Set a fundraising goal and let your potential sponsors know what that goal is.
- Write a personal letter; create a blog or use social media; make in-person solicitations. If you write a letter, include a donation form (which you can ask for by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org) and a self-addressed stamped return envelope.
- Ask for pledges from family members, friends, people at work, people nearby, people far away, people you do business with.
- Suggest a minimum gift amount or put down options ($100, $50, $25, other).
- Write a personal note of thanks to each of your sponsors. This will go a long way, especially when you approach them next year(!).
- All donations are tax deductible. The tax ID is 26-4812335.
- If you do The Prouty™ in memory or honor of someone, say so—telling a personal story about someone with cancer is a way for people to relate to you and your cause.
Fundraising is simple! We’ve broken it down into several easy steps. All you need to do is set a personal goal and then go for it! Here’s one way to look at raising $500 in a week: